Views: 493|Replies: 16

People winning Ranked Duel Mode without FIGHT

[Copy link]

Threads

EXP

Junior Soldier

EXP
2017-3-30 06:23:32 | Show all replies |Read mode
There is a big quantity of players, 2 days after last ranked matchs update, increasing each day, who found an strategy to farm points in Duel Ranked Mode without fight.
They just pick up a fast horse and hits you with a bow or tackling directly with horse. When they finally hits you first, no matters 1 damage or 200, they just keep running with horse, without fighting.
I personally think points are important, but duels are the reason we join that mode. It ruins game's experience, completely. Every point i farmed for obtain a new gear, every day i practiced parry, its useless.

Thats something which is really dissapoint many people, i already talked with many players in EU servers and they feel same like me.
Solve this thing, dont reward naughty people, please.
Support gamers who loves fair play and real competition.

Thanks

P.D: Excuse me about my bad english, i hope you all can understand it.
This post was last edited by gre***@gmail.com at 2017-3-30 06:25
Replies

Threads

EXP

Senior Soldier

EXP
2017-3-30 06:29:28 | Show all replies
Totally agree, we like fair competition and fair duels with equity not running around with a horse
Replies Like 1 Dislike 0

Threads

EXP

Senior General

EXP
2017-3-30 06:59:24 | Show all replies
get the horse? there is plenty ways how to deal vs horse
Server: EU
Legion: Legiones Romanae
Replies Like Dislike

Threads

EXP

Intermediate Soldier

EXP
2017-3-30 08:05:04 | Show all replies

RE: People winning Ranked Duel Mode without FIGHT

HANIBAL. posted at 2017-3-30 06:59

the horse is like 240 extra HP for the user, unless you're using a pike weapon.

I think the problem with horse is more due to the strength of certain gears and horse rather than horses in general.

Most horse rider use a certain type of gear that still give them decent protection while maintaining a low weight. The laquered leather armsguard is especially popular as it provide 28 leather protection while only weighting at 2.8 kg,
This post was last edited by IronHat at 2017-3-30 08:08
Replies Like Dislike

Threads

EXP

Junior Soldier

EXP
2017-3-30 16:50:13 | Show all replies
Good thread man. This needs attention.

I was lucky I saw this the first time when I already died and watched the rest of the duels. Then I saw Mounted Archer Hits the guy once and runs away the whole time. Next round I got mounted archer for first duel and I hit him once with Javelin and was running away and hiding what a stupid way to play this awesome game.

You can dodge the arrows so archer will have hard time but without ranged weapon on you its cat and mouse game.

But I dont know whats worse... The guys who DONT fight or the guys who fight like its champions league and use every cheap move to win.
Replies Like Dislike

Threads

EXP

Junior Soldier

EXP
2017-3-30 20:02:32 | Show all replies

HANIBAL. posted at 2017-3-30 06:59

Im not talking about how to deal against cav. You didnt wanted to understand me i guess.
This thread is because people is ruining our game experience, i dont care to fight against a horse's lover but I WANT FIGHT, thats the reason i play this game.
If you join ranked duel mode and you keep 2 minutes trying to catch a guy who dont wanna fight. It has not sense, points are important but we wanna fight, you know? against a hard enemy or a low enemy, but fight...
Thats my point, we dont want Devs reward cowards who wanna earn points without deserve it.
There is already one mode where they can do that: Normal duel mode. They can act like a coward there, hitting distracted people during 15 minutes.
Replies Like 1 Dislike 0

Threads

EXP

Junior Soldier

EXP
2017-3-30 20:08:50 | Show all replies

Eethen posted at 2017-3-30 16:50
Good thread man. This needs attention.

I was lucky I saw this the first time when I already died an ...

I agree man, i dont expect this thread i created will solve something, but last night i quit the game really dissapointed, my moral really ruined.
In real life, cowards, pirates and cockroachs has already many rewards, but this game has already an awesome base for make cowards and cheap players feel uncomfortable. Thats why its really sad, when Devs dont notice system has a big problem which attracts worst kind of gamers.
Fair play always please...
Replies Like Dislike

Threads

EXP

Senior General

EXP
2017-3-30 21:43:01 | Show all replies
I've played as and against those nasty horse archers.

IMO there are 3 unique ways to fight them:
1. Be yourself a rider. Stick to him and he will have to swap to melee weapons
2. Grab a bow/xbow. You get more accuracy on foot than whilst moving on a horse. After he sees you with the bow, he will change weapon and charge (normally, if not, it should be an advantageous match for you).
3. If lucky to be placed on some of the maps where cavalry is harder to use aim always for the horse whenever you have the chance. Yes, they are not easy to kill, but once you do so, you will be in a straight advantageous position, as with the latest patch, only-foot armors were buffed a 20%, reaching sometimes to over 60 metal armor, as well as having better equipment (the horse archer will only have 1 weapon to use whilst on foot).

If you dont suit any of those, then you are very fucked. Them being on a horse makes them faster, so i suffered from watching several times him running away to heal and me not reaching him.

Bandages and fire-arrows are tryhard items. Luckily, in 1-2 weeks, everyone will run out of those. I suggest holding those for when you make it to gold-plat-diamond, where matches really matter, as in bronze you dont drop any points for losing.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Replies Like Dislike

Threads

EXP

Junior Soldier

EXP
2017-3-30 22:37:12 | Show all replies

Ralyks posted at 2017-3-30 21:43
I've played as and against those nasty horse archers.

IMO there are 3 unique ways to fight them:

So, you are suggesting that playing like that is legit, because they can do it, game allows it.  That means that someone can kill your family because, they just can do it, its legit for you? its an exagerated example but it works.
I just wanted to open a conversation to solve this obvious problem, we should not be forced to counter coward strategy. Thats not correct.
The correct thing is: Devs should force cowards to fight a duel. Its just a few commands.
Man, stop blocking people who has good intentions to improve this game and make it more fair by writting a reply like that. it dont solve anything. If im forced to play uncomfy to counter their coward strategy means: my game experience is already ruined.
And many people thinks like me, more than 20 different guys i talked about this, they share my opinion.
This post was last edited by gre***@gmail.com at 2017-3-30 22:45 This post was last edited by gre***@gmail.com at 2017-3-30 22:46
Replies Like Dislike

Threads

EXP

Senior General

EXP
2017-3-30 23:11:06 | Show all replies
How the hell you dare being such a douche? So what you propose is what it should be done, its always the best for the game, the rest is ? I swear i played most of my games without horse, so please, I understand how annoying these guys can be, I suffered them too, but its another gameplay, a valid one but with very miserable.

So what you propose? Removing all you lose against?

I do hate that kind of gameplay, but it wont be any big change to it till at least 1-2 weeks have passed (next patch). I explained there the counterplay for these 1-2 weeks.

But you know? Its not restrained to you, you are not forced to play with a 2 handed sword, no shield and no horse, some equipment counters others, or you may be just plain bad.

Those players will get -ve reputation and so will their legions, so thats why i dont play such way anymore. Its up to you, respect others gameplay. Winrates will say it all, most of the winners ive seen around were not horse archers, cross my heart.

Just learn, adapt and improve to win. You have no choice yet.

PS: those horse archers and some footmen like me will think like i do. Everything is valid, same happened in the real arenas. So please, chill your tits and think smart.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Replies Like Dislike

12Next page
Return Post new post
You need to log in before you can post. Login | Register now

Fast reply Return to top Return